SME Beta Test Phase III – Matchday report by Santa Claus.
I had named the match being played at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium one of the most thrilling match/results to be on the radar of football supporters all around this SME World and the prediction wasn’t wrong! It was an interesting match to be seen as only 2 busy keepers outstanding performances, saving all the 19 shots made onto the frame of goal in the afternoon, kept the result the same from start until the end! Gratz GrigoreVarlam that’s getting his name know, taking away points from the 3rd and the 1st in the table in 2 consecutive matches!
Other entertaining match under the radar was Real Madrid travelling in the same ground/city where they lost against their league rivals for 5-2 back in 21st November. The result wasn’t what Tigerbaker wished for, they fought hard to get the 3 points but G. Donnarumma denied all 9 attempts on goal and so Real Madrid weren’t able to break to clock and collected 1 point this time, that made the title chances very open until the end.
One of the surprising results came from Ramón Sanchéz Pizuan Stadium, but mostly if you weren’t in the stadium. Harris have chosen the left some of the key players out of pitch, and without the skills from Ederson Moraes and Kevin de Bruyne it won’t be easy to collect the 3 points in this SME 1st Division matches.
Other surprise came from Atalanta, that bagged 5 goals in the last round and they were able to get a clean sheet at Wanda Metropolitano, the house of the draw Champions of this league, that strengths this title label with one more to collect. They have an impressive 8 draws in the last 12 matches, but on the other hands currently they are already 6 matches without a win.
A word of praise to Eshwar, that got the biggest win of this round(0-3), even more in a away match and the improvement he did lately. After 21 rounds Chelsea had 19 points, equal to 17th on the table for that round and a struggling survival fight. Now however, only 8 matches later they almost doubled their score, reaching 37points, and they are sitting 3 points away from the 10th place and 11 points away from the relegation zone!! Congratulations!
I would like to comment to the Leicester vs Roma duel, that ended as it started, who could had been vital for MarkGoldbridge side as they kept the distance from the relegation zone! Leicester is doing a great “run for your life” performance, escaping the relegation zone now with 5 matches in a row without a defeat!
A final word to the newcomer that seems that is making Everton tougher as time goes by! Last week they broke an unsuccessful record and score a goal and in this week, in the Merseyside derby, they scored twice, they even were winning by 1-2 even playing with 10 men since 8th minute and even with this adversity, they were only 11 minutes away to collect 1 point! It seems that the Everton pushing bag performance are over and it is nice to see they battling out for points! Good luck for the next matches.
- Following the 2 goalless draws of the two top teams the positions didn’t suffered any changes!
- Two of the winners of this round was NGrimes’s PSG that saw his advantage from the 4th place rise from 1 to 3 points and also getting closer to the champion fight, now being away a full hand of points, and also blade’s Liverpool that took over the 4th place, climbing over Man. City
- Sevilla also got back the 7th place in the ladder skipping through AC Milan.
- Other great climb, came from Barcelona, following their win against Lazio that was with the same points, that give them the opportunity to climb up 2 places, passing Lazio and Tottenham and they are now back into 9th.
- One of the losers of this round it has to be Arsenal, the defeat in the hands of PSG might be really hurtful, as they see all the teams around them collecting 1 point and letting Atalanta moving closer and Roma and Leicester moving 1 step away!
Next Round – the game to watch!
PSG (3rd) vs Sevilla (7th)
Inter Milan and Real Madrid seems to be clear favourites as they face teams that are in the relegation fight zone, so the match who seems more unpredictable would be the French team facing the Sevilla jersey side. PSG are 3rd seems to be favourite, even more they play in their Parc dus Prince Stadium but it should be noticed that Sevilla are 7th with only 5 points behind them. A thrilling match to be seen!
See the Goldsmith Money live stream update here.